PHENSA values advocacy for nursing practice and nursing education program in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If you need assistance with this process, please contact the person who represents your region below.
Public and Professional Affairs Committee
Support Nurse Practitioner’s Full Practice Authority in PA
You are being asked as a PHENSA member to advocate for Full Practice Authority for Nurse Practitioners in PA
Pleases review the link below for additional details and then use the PCNP AARP Toll-Free Number and Call Script included below to contact your legislators. .
PCNP AARP Toll-Free Number Call Script
PCNP AARP Telephone Number: 1-844-250-5541
*Recording will thank you for calling and give you menu options:
1) Press ONE to transfer to your local legislator
Sample Phone Script:
Hello my name is Sally Smith and I am calling about H.B. 100 and S.B. 25, legislation which would allow nurse practitioners to expand access to care for Pennsylvanians via full practice authority. This issue is personal to my community because nurse practitioners can increase access to primary care healthcare in my area, which currently has a shortage of primary care providers. I would like Representative (NAME) to support H.B. 100 and S.B. 25 and ask him/her to call for a floor vote as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.
Greeting: Hello my name is (Insert name) and I am calling about H.B 100 and S.B 25, legislation which would allow nurse practitioners to expand access to care for Pennsylvanians via full practice authority. This issue is important because (Reason 1) (Reason 2). This issue is personal to me/my community because (Reason 1) (Reason 2). I would like (Member) to support H.B 100 and S.B 25 and ask them to call for a floor vote as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.
Things to Note:
- The most effective calls to support a bill draw from your personal experience. Explaining how the legislation will benefit your family, community, etc. helps legislators understand how their constituents will benefit.
- For more information on H.B 100 and S.B. 25, visit the Care for PA website here.
- A staff member may ask you for your mailing address or zip code to verify that you are a constituent. At the end or beginning of the call, the staffer may ask for your contact information to follow up.
- The reason why you are asked to refer to both H.B 100 and S.B 25 on the call is that S.B. 25 has already passed the Senate and the House may decide to move and vote on that bill instead of HB 100.
Subject: We have a Senate Title VIII Reauth Bill!!!!
I am proud to report that the Senate just introduced their Title VIII Nursing Workforce Reauthorization Act. We also understand that the bill number will be S. 1399. More details to come, but wanted to make sure you had the latest and greatest. In the coming days, we will begin our grassroots activity and be sure to keep you updated as both the House and Senate bills progress.
What a way to continue a National Nurses Week!
Rachel L. Stevenson, MA
Director of Government Affairs
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
O: 202-463-6930 ext. 271 | C: 202-680-4617
The below links have been recommended from the Director of Government Affairs for AACN. https://www.aacnnursing.org/Policy-Advocacy/Get-Involved/Connect-with-Congress
Below are various “Fact Sheets” published by AACN – facts on the nursing shortage, faculty shortage, nursing education and more!
If you have information on legislative activity or visits you are making, please email Alexis Kierce at email@example.com to get the information posted here.